Sunday, July 15, 2012

EVIEE IS ONE!

Yesterday my sweet little angel turned one! I woke up at 6:00 a.m. just crying my eyes out. It really does break my heart that this last year has gone by so fast. I can't believe that her first year has already come and gone. With that being said after I had my little meltdown something just came over me and from that moment on I was excited to celebrate her 1st birthday!

She woke up at 8:30 and the first thing I did was tell her "Happy Birthday"! Then we woke daddy up saying "daddy wake up cause it's my birthday" LOL.

I really wanted the whole day to be special for her and that means breakfast too. My mom always made my favorite meal for dinner on my birthdays so I decided to do just that but with breakfast. So Eviee had Strawberry Soy yogurt and a banana! This girl would eat this all day every day if I'd let her! She loves it!

For Eviee's "big" gift we took her on the train ride that goes from Van Buren to Winslow. It was alot of fun, and Eviee really seemed to enjoy herself. Even the whole train even sang her "Happy Birthday". We really enjoyed it and intend to make this a tradition every year with her.

That evening for her birthday dinner we took her to Cracker Barrel. I love that place and Eviee seemed to agree with momma. Eviee ate carrots, mash potatoes, and a little bit of biscuit.

The rest of the night we spent at home just playing with her and thinking back on this last year.

So now for her 1 year update! (I'm still going to try and keep up with monthly updates fingers crossed)


She has not put on much weight according to my scale. Still at 21 lbs but we will see what the doctors says on Thursday.

She is totally off formula and on Soy milk.

Still taking bottles. But I'm ok with that after all she is only a year old its not like shes four! LOL

Wearing size 4 diapers but I feel like they are too big but the 3's are a little to small.

She is now wearing Pampers sensitive instead of the norm. Her skin is just crazy!

We still feed her mostly baby food. I mean come on she only has four teeth! And the way I see it is we don't mind buying it, she eats it and I know she is getting plenty of fruits veggies and meat! She's at that stage where she likes to throw food off her tray so this way I know how much she is getting. We do give her some of the food we are eating but I'm picky about what she has and she always eats her baby food first then a few bites off our plates. With that being said this child freaking LOVES peaches. That has got to be her favorite fruit/food! I have a fruit bowl and everytime we walk by it she starts talking and pointing to it. I lean her down and what does she pull out every time... peaches! And she will eat the whole thing!

Besides soy milk she really only gets water to drink. I have given her juice a couple of times but she really didn't like it. However she really does love water.... hummm like mother like daughter LOL!

Still isn't walking nor does she seem like she is going to any time soon. Its funny, Sean and I were talking the other day about how she was always two months ahead on every milestone up until walking. LOL But I'm in no hurry for it at all :)

She now will sign "eat" to me when I ask her if she wants to "eat" and yesterday I'm pretty sure she signed "more"!!!!

She blew her first kiss today to a total stranger when we were taking our after dinner walk. Silly girl.

I am happy to report but am sure that as soon as I do things will change but here goes nothing.....
Eviee is taking two hour long naps TWICE a day!!!!!!!!! Holy cow!!!!!!!!!! She has been doing this for the last two weeks and I just don't know what to think about it. I'll put her down then think of all the things I need to do that cant be down when she is awake but I just sit there cause I keep thinking as soon as I start she will wake up.... but she doesn't at least not for two hours! VICTORY!  HAHA And she isnt waking up till about ten in the mornings. Night time is still the same. Getting up about once but then shes back out within minutes.

She is still able to wear alot of 6-9 and 9-12 months clothing but for the most part she is wearing 12 months.

Finally in a size 3 shoe!

She has started biting well biting me anyways. ALL THE TIME!

She has recently developed a little attitude. If she doesn't get what she wants she will scream really loud and then sit down on the floor and put her head between her legs! HA its pretty funny actually. Guess she has her mommas attitude :)

She has learned how to climb this past week. And wants to climb on everything.

Eviee is so funny. She always has us laughing. And is the sweetest baby. Always giving you kisses or hugs. Even if I'm doing dishes she will come up and hug on my leg. So sweet. I love this little girl so much.  I am still a little sad that she is now a year old but I am getting really excited about all the fun things that she will be doing and watching her as she learns new things. I can't wait for the first time she says "I love you momma" that will be the day I brust out in tears for sure!!!! I just feel so blessed that she is my daughter. I am one lucky momma!!! I love you Eviee!

(I have alot more pictures but they are on my phone... I'll post those later)

No comments:

Post a Comment