Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Health food stores

Do you ever shop your local health food store?

I do and I love them. If we had a decent one around here that would be the only place I shopped!

Anyways Sean Eviee and I went up to Rogers yesterday and they have a new BIG health food store called The Fresh Market. I fell in love!!!

The store has everything you could think of. We bought what we could (shelf life items) considering we were no where near home to put things in the refrigerator or freezer.

I bought some Coconut Oil. Ever heard of it? Well supposedly you can use Coconut Oil for just about anything. Take it daily for hundreds of different health benefits, put it on you skin to cure dryness, prevent or fade wrinkles (you know I'll be all over this) use it on age spots, your child diaper rash, on your nipples (breastfeeding KILLS your nipples those first few weeks) (sorry to much info??? LOL) use it with baking soda for toothpaste, use it as a hair treatment, and replace your oils when cooking.

Look it up, it is crazy how many different things you can use it for. I can't wait to start using it! I'll let y'all know how I like it.

Do you eat any kind of "diet or protein" bar??? Think Thin is the name of the bars we like. We have been eating them for years now. They have many different flavors and they really do feel you up.  The bad thing is they taste so good you have to convince your self that you only need one. HA!


Kale do you eat it? We'll you should! It is an amazing food! I put in my green smoothie I try to make at least five mornings out of the week. ( two handfuls of spinach, one handful of kale, half an apple, half banana, one orange, six strawberries, and a half a cup of  greek yogurt) It taste SO good and gives you all kinds of energy.  Anyways we like kale so much that we decided to try Kale chips!  Yep you heard right. Veggie chips. (nothing new around here) We haven't opened them yet but they look so good. I hope Eviee likes them.

If you haven't ever been to a health food store you should give it a shot! I'm glad I found a new one that is close enough to go to and stock up on a few items.

Hope y'all have a good day! Get healthy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to swing by there next time we are up that way! I'm attempting to make homemade spinach chips this week! I hope they turn out good. I so wish we had a Trader Joe's around here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are blogging more! I love reading :)

    ReplyDelete