Sunday, April 21, 2013

Potential Careers

I don't really say much about my career or lack there of but having a career has always been something I want. But it was something I could never really reach when the time was right. You know when you graduate high school the next step is college. Well I didn't attend a "real college" but I did further my education. I am a licensed Phlebotomist. I enjoyed my job but never intended for it to become a career and after six months I knew it was just something I couldn't do forever so I went back to what I loved daycare. (well actually I worked both jobs then quit the hospital) Well then life got in the way I guess you could say and I'm so glad it did. But while I was living life I kinda put my "career" goals on the side AGAIN! Sean and I got married and shortly after decided we were ready for a family and long story short I decided I wanted to have my child/children then worry about getting the career. Shortly after Eviee was born I really started thinking about my career. Trying to decide what I wanted to be. (which is also why I did not go to college earlier) Anyways I am still so undecided about what want to be. Seriously if I wasn't married with a family I would problary be one of those people with degrees in everything because there are so many things I would love to do. So here is my list of all the things I have seriously considered. Do not laugh at me I know some may seem totally out of my reach but I also believe that anybody can do anything they set their minds to. So here is my list of potential careers and they are not in any order just all the different jobs I have considered.
  • Marriage and Family Therapist
  • School Counselor
  • Child and Family Social Worker
  • Elementary School Teacher
  • Elementary Principal
  • Lawyer ( you know those test we always took when we were younger that told you what you should be when you grow up, well everyone else always got at least two different jobs on their paper mine always had just one EVERY YEAR. Lawyer!  HUMM wonder why??? LOL)
  • Family Doctor
  • Pediatrician
  • Physicians Assistant
  • Cosmetologist
  • Radiologist
Some of these require alot of schooling and to be honest I never really enjoyed school but now that I am older and really wanting a career in the near future I think I would enjoy school and do well in it. Some of these also would include moving out of start just to complete my education but anyways these are things I think I would enjoy. I love children with all my heart. I could read every medical book there is and never get enough. I love helping people. And making people pretty wouldn't be so bad either but I would want to own my own salon so then we are talking about getting a degree in business too so.... Anyways I not going to decide this over night. This is something that I am waiting for God to decide. When he is ready he will tell me what it is he wants from me. I am waiting patiently.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post!! Not having a real career is something that bothers me all the time, but I can't decide what I want to do. I guess at some point we will figure it all out. :)

    ReplyDelete