Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Missing Home

Yes I am at "my house" yes I am in the city where "my house" is but I am not at home. In the early months of Sean and I dating I was offered a job to move with the wonderful family I was a nanny for. They were moving back to their "home" Tulsa. When she told me that a few short months from now they would be moving I knew I had to go with them. I always wanted to move away and I loved/love this family so I knew I had to go with them. Sean and I had only been dating for a few months and even though it was serious I was moving with or with out him! Well of course he loved me too much to let me go alone so we made the big move together. The first few months was very hard on Sean and I. We were driving back here every weekend to see his kids and our families  and now looking back that was the worst thing we did. We didn't allow our shelves time to fall in love with Tulsa or at least I didn't. I didn't know anybody expect the family I was working for and Sean. After a rough few months alot of tears and what not I had moved back home only to realize that was the stupidest thing I could have ever done. Here I was leaving the man I knew I loved and wanted to marry in a town he never wanted to move to. So needless to say things worked themselves out and I moved back to Tulsa with my man. Something inside me woke up. I fell head over heels in love with Tulsa and the people. We ended up having to move back to AR and have been stuck ever since but Sean and I are now on what I like to call Mission back to Tulsa. We have set a time limit on how long we will be here. And in that time we have some things to get done then it's put the house up for sale and move back HOME! Tulsa is where we feel at home. We are home sick. We miss our friends. We miss our Tulsa family. We miss everything Tulsa has to offer. We miss home.

No comments:

Post a Comment