Monday, June 16, 2014

New Chapter

It's 4 in the morning and I have been wide awake since 2! Eviee woke up and ever since I just have been unable to sleep. Do you ever have those mornings? I have them all the often but for the most part my body is used to it and it doesn't bother me like this morning. I have gotten so much done already and most people are still dreaming away.
I finally crawled out of bed at 345 when I realized I was indeed not going back to bed. I went and made coffee of course and breakfast because oddly enough I felt like I was striving! Then sat down and did my morning devotional. I don't know about you but the days I wake up and put God first, my day is so much better. I feel like I have more balance. I love those kinds of days. And today I need that. I start a new journey in my life today. A new chapter. A new chapter for myself but also a new chapter for Eviee. I am going back to work today.
We have been looking for a Mothers Day Out program for Eviee to attend in the fall once or twice a week and it just happened that the center we had decided on was looking for a few more hands. I am excited. I am excited for a change. I am excited for Eviee and myself to make new friends. I am excited to see where The Lord takes this new chapter of our life.
But with the excitement I also have a little mama worry going on. I am worried about Eviee. Not for normal reasons. I trust that she will be safe. I know that she will be happy. She can not wait to go and play with all of her "friends". I know she will eat her lunch. I know that she will take a nap. I know that she will be sweet to everyone. I know that her teachers are going to love her. While I know all of this the only thing ok two things I worry about is one even though I know she is going to have a blast I worry that she is going to think that I just "left" her. She and I will be apart for six hours twice a week during the summer and then three days a week during the school year. She has not been away from me for more then a few hours spread out over the course of 7 months. So I worry. And I worry about me. Even though I will be working I will miss seeing that silly little girl. I will miss watching her discover new things. I will miss watching her dance. I will miss listening to her sing. I will miss kissing those little cheeks. I will miss telling her "Mommy loves you Eviee" any chance I get and hearing the sweetest little voice say "I luv you too mama". (now I am tearing up)
But during all those "I will miss" and I am still very excited! God is so good. He choose this chapter of our lives and I will see what he has planned.

1 comment:

  1. You're right, God is good! So, so GOOD! He opened this new chapter for you and has great plans for you all through it. Enjoy your new job and trust that God knows exactly what He's doing. I'm excited to hear how everything turns out. :)

    ReplyDelete